We are an evidence-based consulting firm. Our mission is to bridge the gap between (on the one hand) traditional market research firms that concentrate on rigorous data collection, and (on the other) management consulting firms that focus on industry expertise, advice, and implementation. To each study we conduct we apply the strengths of both approaches, offering our clients insightful and in-depth industry expertise and advice that is derived not just from the collective knowledge of our staff, but from hard and fast evidence collected through the effective application of our broad array of study design, execution, and data analytic capabilities.
Our primary advantages, as we see them:
- We have been in business for over 25 years and have conducted close to 2,500 studies for our clients around the world.
- Our senior staff has been with Taylor for an average of 15 years; our founder has been studying, teaching, and practicing market and opinion research for 40 years.
- The more you see, the more you know—that’s the value of experience. But what adds extra power to the value of experience is the corollary: the more you know, the more you see.
- We have deep proficiency in both quantitative and qualitative methodologies.
- We know and keep on top of the industries we are most closely involved with in our work.
- We believe in the importance of thoughtful research design, rigorous study execution, and insightful, action-oriented analysis—providing clear direction for business action; and we don’t just believe in it, we work hard to apply it on every study for every client.
- We have never been satisfied with what we know; we work to stay on top of advances in our craft, and we strive to do better work every opportunity we have.
- We are large enough to handle large-scale, complex research projects (from both “professional depth” and “administrative management” perspectives).
- We are small enough to avoid the research factory syndrome—that is, our most senior management is directly involved in project execution, not just oversight.
4. Client service
- We have always wanted client service to be a hallmark of this firm, and to us the core of great client service includes:
- Prompt response to client requests and concerns;
- On-time, in-budget deliverables;
- Willingness to go the extra mile for clients;
- Being easy to do business with.
- “Enthusiasm is the mother of effort, and without it nothing great was ever achieved.”
(Ralph Waldo Emerson)
- Enthusiasm isn’t measurable, but you always know it when you see it.
- We enjoy the work we do. We hope you see it in the work we do for you.
- We enjoy who we do it with. How many research companies have a senior staff that’s been together for an average of 15 years?
- We enjoy who we do it for. We hope this is obvious in everything we do for you.
- We have heard our president say (probably a hundred times): “I’m a research guy who found himself running a business, not a business guy running a research company.”
- And we often think to ourselves: “Given choices, who does essentially the same kind of work for 40 years and counting?” You have to love it to be in it this long.